Monday 11 February 2008

Faro Again

Woke up this morning in a lovely bed, forgetting where I was. Then it hit me and the ludicrousness of the scheme made me nervous. The Cartoon Network seemed like a welcome dose of sanity serenading me in the shower.

TRAVELLER'S TIP: If you dry your clothes on a ceiling fan, close the window.

At the internet cafe I walked in to find the manager finishing his breakfast. He hurriedly downed the milk while hiding behind his desk. When he reappeared there was a lareg drop of milk on his chin. I couldnĀ“t decide whether to tell him or not.

An American couple had trouble printing and accidentaly made 10 copies. To apologise the husband offered 5 euros, even though printing was 16 cents per sheet. Initially the owner refused, but eventually, after another accidental American wad, followed by loud apologies, he relented and accepted the money. Still, embarrassed by the sum he offered the couple some coffee. "No, merci beaucoup" was the wife's reply. I was surprised because earlier she had said "Obrigada", then later "Gracias", her gratitude gradually losing geographical accuracy.

Waited in the cafe next to the train station for the train that would take me to the beginning of my journey. Was shot by a bold young Portuguese kid, along with everyone else sitting outside in the afternoon sun, his plastic Smith & Wesson clicking menacingly. He eventually grew bored and went to harass a dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home